Teaching and Learning Grants
The Teaching and Learning Research Center has a small number of funding opportunities for UCI community members who are interested in education research for undergraduates.
Internal UCI Grants
- Sponsorship of Education Research conferences
- AAU ALL-STEM Mini-Grants for faculty and graduate students
- TAR Fellowships for CIRTL participants interested in Teaching as Research projects
We also focus on connecting researchers with existing grants, encouraging campus collaborations, and assisting with grant writing, grant assessment, and grant submission. The resources below are the best we’ve found for grants on research in teaching and learning in higher education. Click a grant type to begin.
- Institute of Education Sciences
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
- Teagle Foundation
- Luce Foundation
- Lumina Foundation
- Mellon Foundation
Links to small and discipline-specific grants are posted here. We welcome additions – email Adrienne Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEM and Medicine
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association
- Edward J. Stemmler Medical Education Research Fund
- Constellation E2 Energy program to inspire college students to problem-solve about energy (solar, natural gas, etc). Up to $50,000, deadline in October.
Research opportunities for graduate students interested in research in higher education
- ETS Summer Internship Program in Research for Graduate Students (Statistics, test development)
- AERA Minority Dissertation Fellowship Program in Education Research
- AERA Dissertation Grants Program
Research opportunities for undergraduate students interested in research in higher education
- AERA Undergraduate Student Education Research Training Workshop at the AERA National Meeting in May.